Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Blogger Challenge Week 2: Positivity


This is such a good topic.  What am I adding to my life? Essentially LIFE. 

When I look back to the beginning of the year I feel like I have changed so much and definitely more positively.  My mind was so stuck in negative thinking which I know was always the cause of my failed attempts at losing weight and getting healthy.  I’ve noticed that slowly but surely my way of thinking is changing and sometimes I don’t even notice that I am automatically making more positive choices/decisions.

I have always been quite a shy person and at times have even struggled to talk to people I know because of an extremely low self esteem.  Slowly over the years I’ve become better at dealing with my fears but in the last 6 weeks since I’ve started the preseason and the 12WBT challenge I’ve noticed that I’m actually doing things I never would have before and have felt confident in myself about doing these things.  

I have:
  •  met up with people I don’t know to exercise and enjoyed getting to know them! 
  •  taken up doing a boot camp where I know no-one and haven’t hesitated in attending each session whereas before I would have signed up and found every excuse not to go because I was scared of what people would think of me or how to interact with people. 
  • taken up believing in myself and my goals! Wow, this is huge for me as I have always doubted myself and deep down never believed I would reach my goals.
  • tried outrigger canoeing because it has been something I have always wanted to do.
  • joined a gym, on my own!
  • put myself first!!!!!! I have never put me first, ever.
  • started blogging and putting my feelings out for others to see, very scary stuff allowing others in to my world.
  • negotiated with my husband about me having mornings to exercise as well, this has always been his exercise time and although I felt ridiculously guilty about doing it I now know that he doesn’t mind as he wants me to be healthy too.
There are other little changes like thinking twice before I put something in my mouth or question if I really need it but for me the biggest change is that I am becoming sure of who I am as a person and believing and understanding that the only person I can be best at being is ME.  I finally believe that people will like, or not like, me but that is okay because at least I am being true to myself by being me and allowing people to see who I really am and not trying to be the person I think others want me to be.   This has been the most liberating feeling so far. Also, I am not allowing other people’s negativity and negative beliefs become my own.

I am giving myself and my family a life worth living and a healthy and vibrant one at that.  It’s a long road ahead but one I am looking forward to travelling. 

Kaz :)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!
    Haven't you come a long way since pre-season? I can remember reading about your doubts a few weeks go, and now you've completely turned it around. Amazing stuff. Amazing program. Its turning us all into superwomen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting that you've got so much from 12wbt already and we've only just started week 3. Awesome changes you're making.

    ReplyDelete